Monday, September 16, 2013

Pinafore Crazy


So lately I've been pretty obsessed with pinafore dresses after seeing them on Asos (here). And making my Disneyland outfit wish list I've been pretty set on owning one, but since we have been planning the trip all our money is being save for our Disneyland fund. So I thought I could just make one myself duh! I already had the skirt and believe it or not I used an old pillow case for the front panel and straps! It was super easy and quite fun to make I'm really pleased with the outcome:)

Top - Thrift Store / Dress - Diy
  Socks and Hat - H&M  
Shoes - Dr. Martens / Brooch - Etsy



I almost just about died when I saw the new Tartan Pinafore Dress on Asos (here). But then I saw the price...a little too expensive for me:(. I found this vintage tartan maxi skirt at the thrift store and thought I should shorten the hem and use the remaining fabric for the front panel and straps! Oh and the clips are from some old suspenders I had! So I posted these on my Instagram and a lot of gals really like them and suggested I make some for my shop. But then someone said I should make a tutorial of how to make a skirt or maxi skirt into a pinafore. I thought that was an awesome idea, so let me know if any you are interested in seeing a tutorial:) I was also thinking of making a few for my shop for gals that aren't to fond of a sewing machine hehe, of course when I come back from our trip:)




9 comments:

  1. These look amazing! This is totally inspiring me to DIY my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredible! I would love to see a tutorial if you were up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I'm not good with a sewing machine but if you made them, I'd snatch one up

    Christa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those look great!! You should make a tutorial some of the maxi skirts I have seen are in major need of turing into cute pinafores!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love pinafore dresses, in fact I did a review of four of them from asos on my blog recently. That tartan version is exactly what I've been looking for, so I do hope you make a tutorial for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a ton of DIY-envy right now. I honestly like your versions more than the ones on ASOS (no offence, ASOS, I still love you!). Good luck on saving for your Disneyland adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look great <3 this dress is beautiful and i love how your tattoo can be seen ^^


    weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's great to see you posting again! I'd love to see a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are both awesome, what a great idea! Looks great on you too :)

    ReplyDelete